Posts

Showing posts from December 5, 2018

News:::Why Buhari Will Perform Better If Re-elected – Osinbajo

Image
Update:: Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said President Muhammadu Buhari will perform better if re-elected in 2019. He said Buhari’s honesty, integrity and performance in the past three years in office set him apart from all other contenders for the exalted office. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, stated this yesterday in Abuja during a door-to-door strategy in two Abuja suburbs of Karu and Nyanya. Osinbajo, who addressed a mammoth crowd, said “For the honest, decent and hardworking Nigerians, Mr. President has devoted his life to ensuring that their lives are made better even when it is sometimes not easy to do so. “All of us are going higher. I want you to believe that President Muhammadu Buhari is going to do even better. We have to create more jobs for all these young people. “We have to give our market women credit so that they can do more business; our young people money so that they can do more business.” Speaking on the President’s concern for the common man, Prof. O...

News::::JUST IN: Gunmen Abduct Eight Lecturers, Shoot One In Osun

Image
Update:: Eight staff of Osun College of Technology, Esa-Oke were on Tuesday kidnapped by unidentified gunmen. The Public Relations Officer of the college, Mr Adewale Oyekanmi, made this known in a phone interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Osogbo. According to him, the gunmen also shot dead another staff who attempted to escape from the scene of the incident at about 4:30pm. Oyekanmi explained that the gunmen blocked Esa-Oke Road (a road leading to the college campus), stopped several vehicles including the victims’ vehicles and abducted them. “So far, the gunmen have not made contact with the families of the kidnapped persons or with the college management. “The police, Department of State Security and men of the OPC are combing the bushes to see if they can rescue the kidnapped staff,” he said. When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mrs Folashade Odoro, said the police were aware of the matter, adding that it would soon issue an of...

Politics:::::2019 ELECTION: You Have 48 Hours To Drop Atiku, Conduct Fresh Primaries, Aspirant Tells PDP

Image
Update:: Mr. Stanley Osifo, a Peoples Democratic Party 2019 presidential aspirant has issued a 48-hours ultimatum to the party to cancel its presidential primaries, calling for a new convention. Osifo also threatened to go to court if the party refused to revert to the status quo and cancel the primaries that ushered in Atiku Abubakar as its candidate. Addressing newsmen in Lagos, Osifo said that he deserved the same opportunity as other aspirants of the party, having obtained its nomination and intention forms for N10 million and N2 million respectively. The aspirant, who hails from Edo State, said his major grievance was that he was not allowed to undergo screening and participate in the primaries for no reason. “I do not want my N12 million refunded. I bought the form to contest and must be given the opportunity to do so. “The electoral act guarantees that we can still hold fresh primaries a week to the election. “The party refused to screen me for the election after I obta...

Politics::::This Is Why Atiku Is Unfit To Rule Nigeria – Tinubu REVEALS

Image
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, has launched a fresh attack on Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, stating that he is unfit to be the next president of Nigeria Tinubu explained his reason for declaring Atiku unfit to rule Nigeria, saying the former Vice President was “a merry-go-round and carnival-like politician with no focus or mission.” The APC national leader spoke while delivering a keynote address at the meeting of National Consultative Forum by the National Committee of Buhari Support Groups held yesterday in Abuja. The former Lagos State Governor stated that the Waziri of Adamawa had changed parties so many times and collected so many membership cards that he had become unstable and confused Tinubu said, “Atiku could build a house of the party membership cards he has accumulated. “But one thing he should remember is that a man who builds a house of cards ought not to cast stones at a ma...

Foreign News::::South Africa gets its first female chief prosecutor

Image
Update:: South Africa has picked a new chief prosecutor - a key figure in the country’s struggle against corruption. Shamila Batohi - the first woman in the role - said she was ready to fight the good fight. The prosecution service has been engulfed by scandal, with claims that former President Jacob Zuma and his allies were shielded from corruption investigations. Hence, there has been huge interest here in the appointment of a new chief prosecutor. President Cyril Ramaphosa's government - anxious to show it is now serious about tackling corruption - took the unprecedented step of broadcasting the job interviews on live television.

Foreign News::::Kenya hires foreign lawyer to fight corruption

Image
Update:: Kenya has appointed top British lawyer and scholar, Khawar Qureshi, as a prosecutor in charge of corruption cases against high-profile individuals. "The stakes in such cases are very high, and therefore it is necessary that the proceedings are insulated from public perceptions of political interferences," the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions said in a statement. Dozens of civil servants and top business people are facing corruption charges. One of the high profile cases is that of Deputy Chief Justice Philomena Mwilu Mwilu, who was arrested in August on suspicion of corruption, failure to pay tax and improper dealings with a local bank now in receivership. She denies the charges.

Foreign News:::UN launches $25bn aid for Nigeria and other countries

Image
Update:: The UN has launched a global humanitarian appeal of $25 billion to provide support to no less than 93 million people in need of humanitarian assistance in Nigeria and other countries in 2019. Speaking at the launch of a major annual analysis of global humanitarian needs in Geneva, Emergency Relief Coordinator Mark Lowcock said that 132 million people would need assistance next year. He said conflict had pushed tens of millions of people into a situation where they were in urgent need of help, adding the appeal for funds could top $25 billion to support life-saving aid projects in over 40 countries next year.

Birthday:::: Churchill Choken Celebrates his +1

Image
Update:: AIRTIME GIVEAWAY on the occasion of the birthday of the CEO of Www.churchillchoken.blogspot.com: VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND LIKE IT. MTN 2752-5808-2855-50284, 8667-3094-1577-53774, 8196-0123-3975-34072, GLO 656-5422-4071-0963, 656-5424-4236-0951, 9Mobile{ETISALAT} 0109-0134-4797-970, AIRTEL 0662-4154-9762-0125. Have a lovely Night Rest. Www.churchillchoken.blogspot.com